Enough with the snow and ice — we North Americans have had more than our fill of wintry weather. Ring in the start of summer with a last-minute Memorial Day trip, the perfect way to forget about the all-too-long cold season.
Here are four escapes that will make you remember why there's nothing like a beach trip for hitting the reset button.
Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort, Panama
Set within an exclusive golf and beach community, this stunning 5-star resort boasts five on-site dining options, world-class golf and easy access to two miles of white-sand beach.
Chill out on your balcony or terrace, or simply enjoy the views from the guest room's floor-to-ceiling windows. Treat yourself to pure bliss at the spa, which offers a steam room and a variety of facial and massage treatments.
With the resort's "Family Vacation Package," you get the following perks and amenities:
• Daily breakfast buffet for two adults and two children under 12 years.
• Daily activities at the kids' club
• Visit to the Wildlife Center
• Complimentary valet parking
• Use of bikes, paddle boards, kayaks, tennis and volleyball court
• Complimentary bottled water
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Just steps from the buzzing streets of the capital of Port of Spain, 4-star Hyatt Regency Trinidad offers vacationers plenty of features to make their trips more pleasurable: a sleek lobby bar and lounge, a sushi bar, a rooftop infinity pool, a waterfront restaurant and the 9,000-square-foot Spa Esencia.
Guests will also find plenty of comforts in the resort's guest rooms — flat-screen TVs, rainfall-effect showerheads, iPod docks and free WiFi, to name a few.
In need of some beach time? Head just a few miles north to Maracas Bay, famous for its laid-back vibe and one-of-a-kind shark sandwiches.
The "Bed and Breakfast Package" includes these extras:
• Full buffet breakfast daily for each adult
• 2 p.m. late check out
• Complimentary parking
Coyaba Beach Resort, Grenada
Hit the water with the help of the on-site dive and water sports center, and later, dine in the oceanfront restaurant. Burn off your dessert at the tennis courts, or head to the fitness center, where a personal trainer can help you maximize the burn.
Want to get better acquainted with the area? Take a day trip into the town of St. George, home to museums, historic sites, spice shops and a scenic harbor.
The 5-night "Coyaba Getaway Package" includes these perks:
• Superior collection garden-view accommodation
• Choice of cooked to order or buffet breakfast, served daily
• 50% off any one lunch or dinner entrée with the purchase of another at Arawakabana restaurant (excludes all beverages with meals)
• 50% off all body treatments
• Snorkeling catamaran cruise for two persons per stay included (with refreshments)
• Half-day island tour for two persons per stay included
Mount Cinnamon Grenada Resort
Surround yourself in understated luxury at Mount Cinnamon Grenada Resort, which took the No. 1 spot in the USA Today 10 Best Readers' Choice Awards for 2018.
Perched on a hillside overlooking Grand Anse Beach, the resort comprises 21 luxury villas and suites, each with its own private ocean-view veranda. Embark on an epicurean adventure at open-air Savvy, serving farm-to-table cuisine influenced by both Indian and Caribbean culinary traditions.
Look for some of these unbeatable perks:
• Accommodation in a spacious sea view two-bedroom villa (tax included)
• Complimentary daily breakfast
• Children 12 and under eat free
• Half-day family snorkel trip onboard Savvy's Sailing Adventures
• Four hours of complimentary babysitting
• Couples massage for mom and dad
• Access to a beach club, fitness center, water sports and tennis facility