Enough with the snow and ice — we North Americans have had more than our fill of wintry weather. Ring in the start of summer with a last-minute Memorial Day trip, the perfect way to forget about the all-too-long cold season.
Here are four escapes that will make you remember why there's nothing like a beach trip for hitting the reset button.
Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort, Panama
Set within an exclusive golf and beach community, this stunning 5-star resort boasts five on-site dining options, world-class golf and easy access to two miles of white-sand beach.
Chill out on your balcony or terrace, or simply enjoy the views from the guest room's floor-to-ceiling windows. Treat yourself to pure bliss at the spa, which offers a steam room and a variety of facial and massage treatments.
With the resort's "Family Vacation Package," you get the following perks and amenities:
• Daily breakfast buffet for two adults and two children under 12 years.
• Daily activities at the kids' club
• Visit to the Wildlife Center
• Complimentary valet parking
• Use of bikes, paddle boards, kayaks, tennis and volleyball court
• Complimentary bottled water
Rates start at $199 per night. Travel through December 31. For reservations, contact (507) 908-3333 or email [email protected]
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Just steps from the buzzing streets of the capital of Port of Spain, 4-star Hyatt Regency Trinidad offers vacationers plenty of features to make their trips more pleasurable: a sleek lobby bar and lounge, a sushi bar, a rooftop infinity pool, a waterfront restaurant and the 9,000-square-foot Spa Esencia.
Guests will also find plenty of comforts in the resort's guest rooms — flat-screen TVs, rainfall-effect showerheads, iPod docks and free WiFi, to name a few.
In need of some beach time? Head just a few miles north to Maracas Bay, famous for its laid-back vibe and one-of-a-kind shark sandwiches.
The "Bed and Breakfast Package" includes these extras:
• Full buffet breakfast daily for each adult
• 2 p.m. late check out
• Complimentary parking
Rates start at $209 per night. Travel through Dec. 31, 2018. For reservations, contact (868) 623-2222.
Coyaba Beach Resort, Grenada
Surrounded by a verdant tropical garden, the 4-star Coyaba Beach Resort features an enviable location right on Grand Anse Beach, one of the most beautiful on the Spice Island.
Hit the water with the help of the on-site dive and water sports center, and later, dine in the oceanfront restaurant. Burn off your dessert at the tennis courts, or head to the fitness center, where a personal trainer can help you maximize the burn.
Want to get better acquainted with the area? Take a day trip into the town of St. George, home to museums, historic sites, spice shops and a scenic harbor.
The 5-night "Coyaba Getaway Package" includes these perks:
• Superior collection garden-view accommodation
• Choice of cooked to order or buffet breakfast, served daily
• 50% off any one lunch or dinner entrée with the purchase of another at Arawakabana restaurant (excludes all beverages with meals)
• 50% off all body treatments
• Snorkeling catamaran cruise for two persons per stay included (with refreshments)
• Half-day island tour for two persons per stay included
Rates start at $835.00 per person for double occupancy (price includes taxes and service charges). Travel from May 1 to December 20, 2018. For reservations, contact (855) 626-9222 or email [email protected].
Mount Cinnamon Grenada Resort
Surround yourself in understated luxury at Mount Cinnamon Grenada Resort, which took the No. 1 spot in the USA Today 10 Best Readers' Choice Awards for 2018.
Perched on a hillside overlooking Grand Anse Beach, the resort comprises 21 luxury villas and suites, each with its own private ocean-view veranda. Embark on an epicurean adventure at open-air Savvy, serving farm-to-table cuisine influenced by both Indian and Caribbean culinary traditions.
As part of the "Mount Cinnamon's Summer Family Fun Package," stay for seven nights to take advantage of these unbeatable perks:
• Accommodation in a spacious sea view two-bedroom villa (tax included)
• Complimentary daily breakfast
• Children 12 and under eat free
• Half-day family snorkel trip onboard Savvy's Sailing Adventures
• Four hours of complimentary babysitting
• Couples massage for mom and dad
• Access to a beach club, fitness center, water sports and tennis facility
The package starts at $4,999. Valid for travel from May 1 through October 31, 2018. For reservations, contact (473) 439-4400 or email [email protected].